This is a courtesy cross post for To Love a Canine Rescue, Inc. THIS IS NOT A GSRNJ DOG! All questions regarding this dog should be directed to www.tlcrescuepa.com.
Age: 3 Years old
Good With Dogs: Yes
Good With Cats: Cat friendly
Good With Children: Ages 13 and up
*GSD BREED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Breed: German Shepherd Dog
Estimated DOB: 12/1/2020
Sex: Female - Spayed
Weight: 75 lbs
Things to know about Heidi:
- Originally rescued from Mississippi after being bounced around from home to home and before her owner could put her up for free online
- Heidi will need a confident & experienced adopter due to reactivity to new people
- Like a GSD, Heidi can be protective and is often weary of meeting strangers, especially in her own home.
- While Heidi and her foster have made progress on her people reacitivy, an adopter will need to continue this work by partnering with a professional trainer and/or behaviorist
- The Vet Behaviosist at Metropolitan Vet recommends that Heidi is adopted into a suburban or rural home that does not contain young children to help with consistent management. The adopters should have experience managing dogs with similar behaviors. They should follow the force free, fear free training methods. Heidi would also do well in a home with another dog.
- Once Heidi knows you, she is the absolute sweetest, most affectionate girl
- She has the happiest, goofiest personality
- Loves to be with her person and bonds quickly to them
- Smart, eager to please & food motivated - all making her very trainable!
- Already know basic commands & training such as sit, down, stay, heel and more!
- Medium energy level - young & playful but also knows to relax & snuggle
- Enjoys being outside and going for walks
- Great at self entertaining by chewing on a bone or playing with toys
- Rides well in the car and hops right in!
- Crate trained - goes right in and doesn't make a peep
- Dog friendly - currently lives with multiple dogs of different ages, sizes and breeds
- Loves to play with any and all dogs; She rolls on the ground, tumbles and chases
- Cat friendly - may try to play with a cat
To adopt or to receive more information, please fill out an application on our website at TLCrescuePA.com/adopt. Please do NOT simply hit the INTRODUCE MYSELF button.
Once you have filled out our application, we will be happy to contact you and answer all your questions.